Monday, January 24, 2011

Pic Challenge - A picture of the cast from your favorite show

Friday Night Lights owns my soul. This is the final season and I'm going to miss the fictional players of Dillon and East Dillon High, but most of all Coach Taylor.

Based on a book by H. G. Bissinger and a movie by the same name, the series focuses on the team, the coach and issues facing kids in small town America. Not a big fan of the movie, the series captures what a two hour movie couldn't. I love this season's cast as much as I did the cast from the first season. The favorites from the earlier seasons come back for cameos - but you continue rooting for them all to grow up, go out in the world and succeed.

Why do I like the show so much? My dad loved football and played in high school in spite of many against many odds while being the head of his family. Some nights he had to walk home over ten miles after the games if he didn't have a ride. My mom was the head cheerleader for the same high school although they were years apart during their time on the field. I wish I could have seen their Friday Night Lights. If I would have had a son - I would have loved to watched him play.

No comments: